I’m fortunate this year that life has slowed down enough for me to give serious thought to what I’m thankful for:
– A house that’s filled with laughter.
– At 38, I still have the same job I dreamed about since I was seven.
– An amazing wife who knows all too well that this dream job isn’t always convenient, yet supports me nonetheless.
– Therapists and educators who are collaborating, cooperating, and doing everything they can to help my son lead as typical a life as possible.
– The excited cheers that greet me when I get home after a long day.
– The chance to live part of my life in a place as sublimely beautiful as the Pacific Northwest.
– Parents and a sister whose love and influence are always with me, even when they’re not.
– Living in an incredible time when everything seems possible and old friends are only a click away.
– The opportunity and privilege to serve this great country of ours.
Leave a Reply